DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that YouTube videos are integrated into Whale Reportâs system and you can watch clips from your favorite artists without leaving the website? Find the information youâre looking for with just a few clicks.
1. When logged in, locate the âSearch Byâ bar at the top of the page.
2. With your mouse, highlight your option of choice (Artist, Album or Song) and enter the necessary information in the open field below until you locate your intended search.
3. A set of songs and albums will be displayed below. Once you find your release of choice, move your mouse to the entry and find the two icons that resemble bulleted lists, labeled âSong Chart Positionsâ (left) and âArtist Chart Positionsâ (right) when highlighted. Click either one.
4. On the next screen, highlight the blank section just before the âTerritoryâ column. Three icons will now be displayed. Click the one at left, which is represented by an image of three horizontal lines. A drop-down menu will then appear; scroll down and click âYouTubeâ. (This is the last option in the menu.)
5. A new pop-up window with an upload from the artistâs official YouTube account, if available, will appear, though in some instances, a user-generated audio-only and lyric video is present. When opened, the clip will auto-play. To exit the window, click the âxâ on the top right.
6. To repeat this function with a different song or album by the same artist, the title may be present on the same page if charting somewhere; if it is a catalog release, locate the âInclude Titles Currently Not Chartingâ option at the top left of the page and click it to reveal a check mark. To repeat this function with a different song or album by a different artist, return to step two.
For more "Did You Know" tips, stay tuned to future editions of the Newsletter and the Blog section update to make the most of Whale Report!